Canada Award for Excellence – there is life after ISO 9001
Some organizations want to be better than average – others ask what is there after ISO 9001? A Business Excellence Model is similar in nature to the ISO 9001 standard, but there are defined differences that set it apart. Rather than set a minimum standard, it defines the criteria for being the “cream of the crop”. There are many Business Excellence Models around the world representing their geographical area. Examples are in the USA where it’s called the Malcolm Baldrige Award, in Europe where the model is administered by the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) and in Canada it’s called the Canada Award for Excellence, administered by Excellence Canada (formally the NQI).
The Canadian Business Excellence Model is appropriate for all organizations, regardless of whether they are in the private or public sectors. It is available as a standalone for 2 main categories (Quality or Healthy Workplace), or integrated in their super-standard called “Excellence, Innovation and Wellness“. Organizations can also be eligible for different levels of awards as they progress.
HUMAN has had a long and special relationship with Excellence Canada and is a Licensed Associate. This means that we are authorized by Excellence Canada to promote, provide and deliver their materials to clients.
Let HUMAN guide your organization through the implementation of a quality management system based on the Business Excellence Model of your choice. We can assist as a coach and resource for your internal implementation and leadership teams, to ensure that you have the best use of time and resources. HUMAN uses a very inclusive approach to the development and implementation of a Business Excellence Model to ensure that appropriate knowledge and experience is transferred to staff. Activities and deliverables would include:
- Initial assessment across the organization.
- Identification of strengths and opportunities.
- Set-up of Implementation Team and implementation schedule.
- Development and facilitation of the components of the Business Excellence Model (ex: Strategic Planning, Continuous Improvement Program, etc.).
- Personal coaching for leadership and staff.
- Development of PEP applications (for the Excellence Canada Progressive Excellence Program).
- Annual assessments and implementation strategies (to be a part of the annual strategic plans).
- Documentation support including policies, procedures, etc.
- Customized staff training and orientations (where appropriate).
- Representation during external assessments.