Strategic Planning – using the Balanced Scorecard to create health, growth and stability for your organization
Strategic planning is an essential part of any organization. Little or no planning would be like driving a car without a steering wheel. The best strategic plans involve all levels of the organization and focus on improvement in different categories including financial. The Balanced Scorecard is a strategic planning model that takes both of these aspects into consideration, helping to build an organization that is healthy, vibrant, collaborative and stable. It puts the steering wheel back in the hands of leadership, and supercharges the engine with people power.
Let HUMAN assist your organization with the implementation of a strategic planning program based on the Balanced Scorecard. We can assist as your personal facilitator through an entire strategic planning cycle, to ensure that you have the best use of time and resources. HUMAN uses a very inclusive approach to the development and implementation of a strategic planning program to ensure that appropriate knowledge and experience is transferred to staff.
Activities and deliverables would include:
- Development of a strategic planning process for your organization.
- Development or review of guiding policies (mission, vision and values).
- Facilitation of a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Opportunities, Weaknesses and Threats).
- Identification of Strategic Theme(s).
- Building of the Balanced Scorecard (ex: Learning and Growth, Internal, Customer and Financial Perspectives).
- Identifying strategic alignment (between perspectives).
- Corporate level objectives, measures, targets. and actions.
- Departmental objectives, measures, targets and actions.